Sunday, May 22, 2011

Superleague Round 1

Hey Chia!

How was your weekend? Get up to more drawing? My dad was cleaning up, and found my old art packs which I had stored away after high school! I asked him to keep it out so that if I have a free moment, I could try my hand at some right side of the brain leisure.

This weekend has flown by so fast. Friday night I had only 2 hours sleep, as I was so nervous about superleague on Saturday.

When I arrived at the volleyball centre, I was freezing cold and shaking. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether it was from being numb or nerves. Luckily one of the girls in my team, Stacey, gave me a huge can of Mother for me to drink. It made me buzz. Like it was a weird sensation. I was on high alert, I was zippy, but my head ached. It's that feeling of cramming before an exam, and the minutes before entering the examination room, you are just, well, high. It's not a great feeling, but it's not bad.

So, yea. I was buzzing. The whole day was like that. Playing in Superleague is really something- there is this feeling in the air. Everyone here is competitive, and there are distinct lines of where you belong. You may be friendly with people from other teams, but ultimately you ride with who you represent. It reminded me of the old days when I played hockey. It was good. Everyone was a good sport overall, but there is the cheering and the occasional jeering that tells you that this is a little more than social.

Our team did well. We won 4 games and lost 3. One of the games we lost was by 1 point in the last few seconds. We had worked our way up to tie, but then on the last play we lost the point. We really should have won. Anyways it was an intense day.

Didn't get any photos unfortunately, but took one of Shaz's team, to give you an idea of what it looked like.

The uniform will change this coming week. We unfortunately didn't get our shirts for this round, but I will take some photos when we get them!

Kev came to watch my games in the morning, and then we both stayed to watch Shaz's and El's teams play in the afternoon. I was a lil sad that Kev missed my first few games, but when he did come, he came with a surprise of new black shorts from Lululemon for me! I only had pink shorts and my skins to wear, which were not the uniform.

My dad even came down to watch a game. I was super happy, and it made me feel special. Haha. It's been a long time since my parents came to something of mine, and it was like I was in primary school all over again. Just like when you ask your parents to come watch an assembly, or when they used to come every Saturday morning to cheer for Scott and I at hockey. Dad was amused at how the whole indoor beach volleyball centre looked. The sand, the nets, the indoor part of beach volleyball. I was happy he came =) Lauren, another girl on my team, was also looking out for her mom, as she said that she had asked her mom to come and have a look too. Hee hee, we all want our parents to be proud of us. I just couldn't help thinking at the time, that both Lauren and I were shouting in our heads 'mommy/daddy look at meeeee!' =P

Kev played his games today, and he seems exhausted. His game structure was weird in that he started at 10.30am and ended at 4.13pm. It was a long, stretched out day (I started at 9.30 and ended around 2pm), but it was still fun to watch. Though, I'm pretty knackered now.

Goodnight Chia!

No comments:

Post a Comment