Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sultana, strawberry and lemon butter cake

I baked today!

I actually found a recipe on allrecipe.com but of course I ended up altering it so much that it's pointless providing a link to it. Additionally there was no mixer, spatula, measuring cups or spoons and I couldn't find any vanilla essence in the shops.

I think in the end this is what went in:

handful of chopped over ripened strawberries
3/4 cup of sugar
half cup of sultanas
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup lemon juice ( I love adding lots of lemon juice!)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup salted butter
3 eggs
3 cups self raising flour

Some of the ingredients + me


Can you spot what gives it away that my housemates are Portuguese?  (Jee I sure hope they don't mind me taking pics of the kitchen and putting it up for the world to see!)

I'm waiting for someone to try it and let me know but I believe it tastes marvelous even if I do say so myself. It's moist and very zesty and tangy. I surprise myself sometimes! It was that good I had two slices after dinner.


I miss cooking for other people! Now if only I could instantly send a slice...

No comments:

Post a Comment