Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 2

I had pretty much the whole house to myself during the day because both of my housemates were off at work. They are lovely people. Eleanor is a lecturer and Ana (how ironic!) is an architect. I won't post any pics of the place on my blog for privacy reasons. Not sure if they would appreciate that! But I will email them some time later :)

This is what I did today:
  • I woke up at 630am because I couldn't sleep. The sun was incredibly bright and the bed was a little lumpy. May also be the fact that I was restless because it was the first night in my room. I sound like a wimp!
  • I went for a jog/walk or (jwalk since it was more of a walk than anything) up to Hampstead Heath. It was about 7am in the morning and it was absolutely beautiful and peaceful because there was hardly anyone around. The sun was in full blast and there was not a single cloud in the sky. There were so many side tracks that it will take weeks of regular visits to find my way through. The foliage of the trees here will never cease to amaze me. I deliberated over taking the camera but figured it would be in the way. Well if anyone visits me this will be one of the places I have to take you!
  • I picked up my bank card. I for once did not people watch on the tube. I started feeling sleepy.
  • I bought things like shampoo in full size now that I don't have to cart everything around in my backpack.
  • I kept looking for things to make my room more homely but with no luck. I will continue to look for new sheets and pillows. Still trying to navigate around and how to find shops that sell what I want.
  • I went to Camden Markets. I was fascinated by the atmosphere around Camden Town. I felt like I was in another part of the world. It is an edgier part of London where lots of youths wear grungy punky clothes. 
  • I had a huge Mexican fajita on half a scooter 

  • I walked home wondering what was the best angle to take pics of the street outside. I can't show you exactly what shops I live above because of a public blog. Let's just say I can see myself spending a lot of money there. So I took a pic of the surrounding houses (no we stay in a flat and not a house like that.. I wish though!)  and the street I am constantly walking up and down to the tube station.
  • I vacuumed every inch and every corner of my room.
  • I did my laundry.
  • I prepared lunch for tomorrow in case I have work. Yes "in case" I have work. For supply teaching, I will have to call them at 7am in the morning each day and the agency will direct me to a school that needs cover. There is always the chance that there is no shortage of supply teachers and I would've woken up and gotten all dressed and ready to go but with no work. This possibility is beginning to irritate me a little especially where as before it didn't.
  • I started to think I may need a part time job to support my travels when summer holiday comes.
Today's events have led to reality sinking in. This is my permanent home for the next 2 years. I think the excitement and of the last few days have taken it's toll and I am exhausted! It's 8.49pm here. Bed soon. I have no idea what I will be doing tomorrow. I might end up blogging about my first day of work!

Good luck for your trial Anna. I will be thinking about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment