Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Natural History Museum & Victoria & Albert Museum

Hi Anna!

I didn't realise Kev was in Korea. I thought he came back with all of you? Lucky him! I have never donated blood and as much as I would love to, I find needles and being injected traumatising. The bikkies and cheese reminds me of airplane food and that makes me miss flying. Melissa shoes are designed by Vivienne Westwood so I'm assuming it is a British brand. Something to remember the country by :)

Today I went museum-ing and to look for some inspiring things to draw.

Before I left the house I drew this.
One of my birthday roses
 It was very busy in the Natural History museum and it was hard to draw items behind glass.

I ended up drawing this sculpture of Buddha's head in Victoria & Albert museum. It is the world's greatest museum of art and design.
Again slightly lopsided, and his head is out of proportion.
It's quite challenging to sketch standing up and occasionally you have to move out of the way when people pass you. Both of the sketches took about 20 minutes. I had to 'let myself go' and not get too fussed about finer details although I wish I had more time and a larger sketch book to work with.

I love all these museums in London! Oh and the worst thing are the museum shops. There were so many things calling out to be looked and touched, like this cute little paint set. No so sure about it's practicality though. I think I spent more time in the shop than looking in the museum. Thank goodness it's free admission so I can go back any time I fancy.
Little paint set on top of my A5 sized sketch book
Short post because I have to catch up with my diary entries tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment