Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Madame Butterfly

Hi Anna!

You have been missed :p It feels a little strange to be blogging without you.  For all our readers, I hope you haven't given up on our blog yet because of our lack of posts :P

Last night I made my way to Trafalgar Square to watch the free live screening of Madame Butterfly. My goodness it was SPECTACULAR! Extra bonus that it was free and along with that a huge crowd, but it was just lovely to sit and enjoy my first opera performance with everyone else. I didn't think I'd be interested in opera, but now I'd definitely consider going to another! The leading man was absolutely mesmerizing and I was amazed at their voices! The storyline reminded me of Miss Saigon, and after some Googling I found out that Miss Saigon is actually based on Madame Butterfly.

I'm extremely pleased that I met up with a bunch of 'strangers' from the networking site to watch it. I thought I wouldn't be able to find the organiser because I left the house in a hurry and forgot to note down her mobile number, but bless her, she was carrying a sign and that made it easy! All the girls were incredibly friendly and we may meet up again next Wednesday for the free live screening of Cinderella! If not, I'd definitely go solo because these free events don't come around in winter and I'd better make the most out of it.
Two of the four girls that came
Huge turn out in Trafalgar Square. A lot of people came prepared with wines and picnic food
The beginning of the opera. This is the view from where we sat.
The weekend went by quickly as usual! On Friday night I caught up with Shaz and her friends plus I invited my new friend Penelope to come along. We enjoyed our vodka cocktails at this place called Vodka Revolution and they sold interesting flavoured vodka shots like bubblegum, jellybean, pineapple etc. Unfortunately I wasn't in a party mood and left early.

I always make a note to remember the mixers but I can't remember apart from blueberry and vodka!
 The next day I went to Regent's Park. I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the park from what I saw. I didn't get to explore all of the area because there was a sudden change of cloudy weather and wind so I only had the chance to read a little before heading home. However, looking at the pics below, it does look quite pleasant so perhaps a revisit and hope for more sunshine.


And saving the best for last......  a close uni friend had given birth to her first child!!!  Congratulations on your baby daughter Satoko! I cannot wait to see photos of your little bundle of joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment