Monday, January 28, 2013

Cranberry and almond biscotti

Wow Anna!

I am certain that my life would be near complete if I lived right by your beach. It would be a holiday everyday. Your weekend recount highlighted just how lucky we are in Perth and how lucky you are to live near the beach.  The pristine waters!!! I have been limiting myself to a once a week visit to the beach to spare my skin but now I am so tempted to go tomorrow. The nearest beach being Port Beach/ Cottesloe,  there won't be any chance to experience any of  the creatures you saw. Imagine the chance to see the dolphins! I wish you better luck next time. So long those fins don't belong to a shark!

Nowhere near as exciting for me and this will be a short post of the cranberry and almond biscotti that I made today. Mum loves this biscotti and she asked me to make it for Chinese New Year.

 Recipe from Women's Weekly. I adapted it for CNY by adding in the cranberries to give it a bit of red since it's a lucky colour.

3 egg whites
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 large handful almonds
1 large handful cranberries

Whizz the egg white until it forms soft peaks.
Gradually whizz in the sugar.
Gently sift and fold in the flour.
Transfer to greased loaf tin.
Bake until top is golden about 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
Let it cool and wrap it in aluminium foil overnight.
Slice it as thinly as you can with a bread knife or if you have one of those machine that slices thinly.
Lay on baking tray and bake until crispy, about 10 minutes in a moderate oven. Flip it over if it curls on one side.
Let it cool and it should gradually harden.

ENJOY!

I doubled the recipe because one batch doesn't make enough. Trust me, it's hard to stop yourself at just one.  Incredibly healthy and no fat! A baking win! If you're free Tues or Wed I'll have to pass you some.

Have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment