Monday, August 13, 2012

Saying goodbye to Hampstead

Hi Anna,

Your last post was really cute! Haha! I love how small simple things like that delights you!

I'm in a sad mood and I don't really feel like blogging about the Olympics. It's been ages since I've posted. My parents have gone back, I went to watch the football and hockey match, explored Olympic Park, ticked off a few more things on the to-do list, packed the room, and this time on Tuesday I will be on the plane to KL.

I know how much I hated London because of the weather but now that I'm leaving all I can think about are the happy memories. London has left me so many wonderful memories and I feel heartbroken to be leaving it all behind. I knew I would only be here maximum of 2 years so saying goodbye was expected. But now after all the talk, it's nearly time.

I deliberately planned a lunch date in Hampstead with Lauren today just to be there one last time. I wanted to be where I used to live, where I first lived, when I was all new to London. I wanted to stroll down the familiar streets again. I think whoever is up there was playing tricks on me because the weather was warm and sunny and it made me wish I wasn't leaving just yet.

 Hampstead will always have my heart. I love it to bits and I came home feeling emotionally exhausted with memories of everything that has happened here playing back in my head. Wild nights stumbling off the bus and onto the empty street. My birthday picnic. Seeing snow outside my window for the first time. Friends who have visited me and the cafes we sat in. Walking to the bus stop to get to work when it was pitch black in winter. Sprinting up and down the hill like a mad woman.  Fondest first date with a lovely British guy. Bumping into Pene on the streets when I'm out doing errands. Sigh...I am glad I have kept a diary and blogged my time in London. Perfect whenever I'm feeling nostalgic.

My friends know I have a love/hate relationship  with London. I don't think I can ever say that I loved London but I know I will go endlessly about how much I miss it.The hardest thing about living and working abroad is saying goodbye. Unfortunately it doesn't get easier the more you do it either. Who knows what awaits. I feel like my life is in blocks of two years. Two years in Indonesia. Two years in London, well almost, and now it will be two years in KL.


I am going to bed and hopefully wake up feeling a bit more alive and positive. I would like to do a post with photos of my last week in London and I know you would love to see the Olympic photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment