Friday, October 4, 2013

Surprise award!

Hi Chia!
Oh my god! So something awesome has happened! I've been dying to tell you, but I was waiting till it was announced officially.

On Monday or Tuesday night (my days are blurring now) I received an email from the Directr team. I've been getting emails from them because I had issues with uploading films so I didn't think much about it. However, I was overwhelmingly surprised when I saw the subject line:

'Congratulations! You are Directr of the week!'

I had no idea what this was about, but as I read the email I realised that it was a pretty awesome thing. They have a blog on their website and they interviewed me so that they could write about my films and include some fun and interesting facts about me.

I was and am still so very stoked! I started making the films because it was just so fun seeing things that I imagine in my head come to life! I also thought it would be a great way to keep my creativity up and keep my mind thinking of film ideas/acting approaches/possible scripts to write.

I also loved that I could choose the songs to play over the films. I spend a lot of time listening to songs to find the right mood and lyrics to match the overall emotion and impression in the film.

I guess I am so very chuffed that my efforts were recognized! I didn't expect that! It was more of a personal thing :)

Any who the link to my interview is here:
http://blog.directr.co/directr_highlight/directr-of-the-week-anna-sasson/

Also, while in transit in Singapore, I made another film:
http://directr.co/m/4vv6k3

Kev and I are now in KL airport. It's 5.21pm and we have been here since 2pm. Our flight to Male is at 8.45pm. Aaaaaahhh! A few more hours to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment