Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hi from Jakarta

Hehe...

Both of us are abroad!

Landed in Jakarta early this morning. Luckily the flight wasn't full and I had whole three seats to to lie down. However the ungodly departure time of 220am means that I'm still sleep deprived.

So it's been nearly three years since ive been to Jakarta. The first thing to hit me is the humidity. Then I notice how smoggy it is. And on the way to my friend's apartment I am reminded of just how chaotic this city is. The old with the new. Nothing is orderly. I am reminded how skilled the drivers are, weaving in and out with motorbikes pushing through every inch of space between vehicles. And it's all so fascinating!

I am looking forward to spending my days eating, shopping, eating and repeat. Yep, it's one of those types of holidays. :)

Day and night view from the apartment





No comments:

Post a Comment