Monday, June 10, 2013

New day, new life, new hair

Hey Chia!

It's been a looooooong while since both of us have blogged! I know that respectively, we both have been busy. On my side, my life was preoccupied with work, and trying to get through the minutes, hours, days and weeks without going insane. Admittedly, I wasn't happy. I haven't been happy for a while and because we wanted our blog to be inspirational and one of positive thoughts of big and small, to be honest, there was nothing to write about.

So, eventually I hit breaking point at work. I'm not going to go into the details of what happened, but it wasn't good, and so I resigned. I decided to hang up my suit and call it quits to being a lawyer.

It was a long time coming. The rational side of my brain trying to convince the creative and emotional side that to stick it out in law was the right thing to do. I mean, I've been in law for almost 10 years - 5 years at uni, then straight into work as a law clerk, articled clerk and then lawyer. 2004 to 2013. It seemed silly and foolish to let it go. But deep down, I knew it was right.

Now, I'm just free to recover from the stress and to reassess life.

I haven't felt this good in years. I also felt compelled to completely shed my old self. This included a makeover.





I've never had my hair this short!!! Apart from when I was in pre primary school! It was liberating and I feel so free and different! All these years I was too scared to do the bob! But after resigning, I was literally like 'why not! It will grow back!'

So with old Anna gone and new Anna to be discovered, for the first time in years, I feel hopeful. I had lost all hope previously, without even knowing it.

So...What do u think? Does it suit? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment